Old 02-04-2008, 02:43 PM
James

Default core-2 advise

Hello,

We have one gentoo system running 32bit gentoo:

CFLAGS="-march=prescott -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"

cpuinfo:

vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 15
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7100 @ 1.80GHz

Is the 64bit gentoo stable(recommended) on this core-2 arch?

If so, and I wanted to convert this machine to 64 bit Gentoo OS, then
I'd just edit the make.conf :

CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu" to
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"

and 'emerge -e world'

Since I'm recompiling everything I wanted to use "-fomit-frame-pointer"
could I just and that to the CFLAGS without issue?

or
Is there a wiki with some more details on the conversions that I should follow?

James