Old 02-03-2008, 07:18 PM
Mateusz Mierzwinski

Default ALT/GR (Right ALT) as an RETURN?

Ok, I don't know what's going on, but My laptop have issue - when I
press ALT/GR (Right ALT) it works like RETURN, executes applications,
sends messages by Kadu. What's wrong? I've try control panel in KDE, but
this wont work in regionals settings. Periphernals > Keyboard also don't
work. My keyboard is OK because in commandline everything is OK.

Any suggestions?

Old 02-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Mateusz Mierzwinski

Mateusz Mierzwinski pisze:
Ok, I don't know what's going on, but My laptop have issue - when I
press ALT/GR (Right ALT) it works like RETURN, executes applications,
sends messages by Kadu. What's wrong? I've try control panel in KDE,
but this wont work in regionals settings. Periphernals > Keyboard also
don't work. My keyboard is OK because in commandline everything is OK.

Any suggestions?

And when I turn of Keyboard Layouts and press magic combo
CTRL+ALT+BCKSPC, run again KDE by startx then everything is OK, but
until I choice PL Keyboard Layout and press Apply. After that My
keyboard is going insane. :/ Any bug?

Old 02-04-2008, 04:26 AM
Dan Farrell

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 21:32:47 +0100
Mateusz Mierzwinski <mateuszmierzwinski@o2.pl> wrote:

> Mateusz Mierzwinski pisze:
> > Ok, I don't know what's going on, but My laptop have issue - when I
> > press ALT/GR (Right ALT) it works like RETURN, executes
> > applications, sends messages by Kadu. What's wrong? I've try
> > control panel in KDE, but this wont work in regionals settings.
> > Periphernals > Keyboard also don't work. My keyboard is OK because
> > in commandline everything is OK.
> >
> > Any suggestions?

No, just questions:

1) what kind of keyboard do you use
2) what kind of keyboard setting do you use at the console
3) What is your keyboard setting in X

Can you answer these?

Old 02-04-2008, 07:48 AM
Mateusz Mierzwinski

Dan Farrell pisze:

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 21:32:47 +0100
Ok, I don't know what's going on, but My laptop have issue - when I
press ALT/GR (Right ALT) it works like RETURN, executes

applications, sends messages by Kadu. What's wrong? I've try
control panel in KDE, but this wont work in regionals settings.
Periphernals > Keyboard also don't work. My keyboard is OK because
in commandline everything is OK.

Any suggestions?

No, just questions:

1) what kind of keyboard do you use
2) what kind of keyboard setting do you use at the console

3) What is your keyboard setting in X

Can you answer these?

I'm using standard laptop keyboard with windows key (some kind like
generic-101/102 keys). In console i use standard settings (don't change
anything because I don't need Polish keyboard in konsole).

My Xorg setting of keyboard:

Section "InputDevice"

Identifier "Keyboard1"
Driver "kbd"