Old 02-03-2008, 09:26 AM
"Robert Stockdale IV"

Default Can I get help here for portage on Sabayon?

Sabayon uses gentoo's portage with overlays and I am having difficulty with portage conflicts. I will include details if this is the right list. If not would someone direct me to the right list? Thank you.
Bob

Old 02-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Alan McKinnon

On Sunday 03 February 2008, Robert Stockdale IV wrote:
> Sabayon uses gentoo's portage with overlays and I am having
> difficulty with portage conflicts. I will include details if this is
> the right list. If not would someone direct me to the right list?
> Thank you.
> Bob

Lots of people here know portage, so I see no harm in posting your
question, especially if what you really want to know is "how do I make
portage do what I want it to do?"

If you are running into a Sabayon weirdness with a buggy overlay, there
might be a better list, but no harm in asking general stuff here.

Post the full output of the emerge -pv command you are using

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 02-03-2008, 05:30 PM
"Robert Stockdale IV"

Thank you. I'll post using a different thread that reflects the issue.
Bob