Old 02-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Grant

Default {OT} Dynamic HTML to PDF

I'm currently printing a dynamic HTML web page via firefox, but I'm
trying to switch to a method that will allow me to print across the
internet in an automated fashion with lpr. I've tried printing a
static HTML file with lpr, but it comes out in raw code. I think I
need a way to convert a dynamic web page to a static HTML file and
then convert that HTML file to PDF for printing. I'm having trouble
getting my mind around how to convert the dynamic HTML web page to a
static HTML file, but I think going from HTML to PDF is best
accomplished with htmldoc.

How would you guys do this?

- Grant

Old 02-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Dan Farrell

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 10:42:05 -0800
Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm currently printing a dynamic HTML web page via firefox, but I'm
> trying to switch to a method that will allow me to print across the
> internet in an automated fashion with lpr. I've tried printing a
> static HTML file with lpr, but it comes out in raw code. I think I
> need a way to convert a dynamic web page to a static HTML file and
> then convert that HTML file to PDF for printing. I'm having trouble
> getting my mind around how to convert the dynamic HTML web page to a
> static HTML file, but I think going from HTML to PDF is best
> accomplished with htmldoc.
>
> How would you guys do this?
>
> - Grant

Does the dynamic content not show on your printouts?

Old 02-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Grant

> > I'm currently printing a dynamic HTML web page via firefox, but I'm
> > trying to switch to a method that will allow me to print across the
> > internet in an automated fashion with lpr. I've tried printing a
> > static HTML file with lpr, but it comes out in raw code. I think I
> > need a way to convert a dynamic web page to a static HTML file and
> > then convert that HTML file to PDF for printing. I'm having trouble
> > getting my mind around how to convert the dynamic HTML web page to a
> > static HTML file, but I think going from HTML to PDF is best
> > accomplished with htmldoc.
> >
> > How would you guys do this?
> >
> > - Grant
>
> Does the dynamic content not show on your printouts?

It does when I print through firefox.

I think I have 2 options here. I can convert these dynamic HTML pages
to static as needed, and then convert those static pages to PDF for
printing. Alternatively, Is there any way to print parsed HTML with
something like lpr?

The other option would be to build the PDFs directly from my data with
something like PDF::Create or PDF::API2. Has anyone used a perl
module like that?

- Grant