Old 02-02-2008, 06:36 AM
Rumen Yotov

Default BIG-UPDATE! ;) If I survive, then gentoo rulezz... :)

On (01/02/08 23:44) Mateusz Mierzwinski wrote:
> Total: 246 packages (201 upgrades, 1 downgrade, 38 new, 6 in new slots),
> Size of downloads: 1,047,420 kB
> Fetch Restriction: 1 package (1 unsatisfied)
>
> Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No]
>

> PS: Gentoo is only known by me distro that survives this operation
> (emerge -uvaD World) without issues. Congratulation great job! Keep it up!
> Keep Your fingers for me

Good luck, try to get the fetch-restricted package first.
Put it in /usr/portage/distfiles and run for 'world'.
Don't forget: etc-update, revdep-rebuild tools.
HTH. Rumen

Old 02-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Iain Buchanan

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 07:53 -0800, maxim wexler wrote:
> --- Mateusz Mierzwinski <mateuszmierzwinski@o2.pl>
> wrote:
>
> > Total: 246 packages (201 upgrades, 1 downgrade, 38
> > new, 6 in new slots),
> > Size of downloads: 1,047,420 kB
>
> Man, those must be tiny packages. I just completed -uD
> world which took 351 packages totalling ~800M

read again He has approximately 1Gb of downloads...

The Golden Rule of Arts and Sciences:
He who has the gold makes the rules.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Mateusz Mierzwinski

Rumen Yotov pisze:

Total: 246 packages (201 upgrades, 1 downgrade, 38 new, 6 in new slots),
Size of downloads: 1,047,420 kB

Fetch Restriction: 1 package (1 unsatisfied)

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No]

PS: Gentoo is only known by me distro that survives this operation
(emerge -uvaD World) without issues. Congratulation great job! Keep it up!
Keep Your fingers for me

Good luck, try to get the fetch-restricted package first.
Put it in /usr/portage/distfiles and run for 'world'.
Don't forget: etc-update, revdep-rebuild tools.
HTH. Rumen

Nothing like Gentoo . Good update, goooood! . Everything is OK as
usual . Great work 4 all'ya! THX for best distro . PS: portage wrote
message to fetch java from SUN page - only java SDK (because of NetBeans
installed). If anyone can read then anyone can do update . Three
nights and system up and running .

Old 02-03-2008, 06:10 PM
"443-653-1569"

On 09:28 Sun 03 Feb , Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> Am Samstag, 2. Februar 2008 schrieb maxim wexler:
>
> > At the end of an emerge process I saw two
> > recommendations: etc-update and ?-update. The exact
> > name escapes me and I can't find it in the logs. It
> > seems pretty significant with 100+ updates pending. Do
> > you recall the full name?
>
> cfg-update, maybe? So far the best Gentoo config file updater I've used.
>
> HTH...
>
> Dirk

I've tried all the updaters and I also recommend cfg-update.

Bill Roberts