Old 11-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Coert Waagmeester

Default intermittent ALSA error

Hello all,

Managed to set my self up with an awesome KDE desktop.

there is only one problem that only happens occasionally.

When I queue a few music videos in vlc and it goes from one to next,
only sometimes it comes with an ALSA error:

ALSA version problem:
VLC failed to re-initialize your sound output device.
Please update alsa-lib to version 1.0.22 or higher to fix this issue.
Potential ALSA version problem:
VLC failed to initialize your sound output device (if any).
Please update alsa-lib to version 1.0.23-2-g8d80d5f or higher to try to
fix this issue.

Stop the music video, start it again, and the the sound works.

Any pointers as to what I could possibly have done wrong?

Regards,
Coert

Old 11-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Eprom

Am 12.11.2010 09:09, schrieb Coert Waagmeester:
> Hello all,
>
> Managed to set my self up with an awesome KDE desktop.
>
> there is only one problem that only happens occasionally.
>

> When I queue a few music videos in vlc and it goes from one to next,
> only sometimes it comes with an ALSA error:
>
> ALSA version problem:
> VLC failed to re-initialize your sound output device.
> Please update alsa-lib to version 1.0.22 or higher to fix this issue.
> Potential ALSA version problem:
> VLC failed to initialize your sound output device (if any).
> Please update alsa-lib to version 1.0.23-2-g8d80d5f or higher to try to
> fix this issue.
>
> Stop the music video, start it again, and the the sound works.
>
> Any pointers as to what I could possibly have done wrong?
>
> Regards,
> Coert

Hi,

I get the same error sometimes when I try to run multiple instances of
vlc. Closing and restarting vlc sometimes helps. Seems like a problem
with alsa, but I'm not sure.

greets
Eprom