Old 11-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Andrew Lowe

Default Openconnect, "Failed to open tun device"

Hi all,
Anyone out there that has installed Openconnect and has it connecting
to a VPN? I need to get into my Uni's vpn, and being on linux, the Cisco
thingy is useless. I'm attempting to use openconnect, which I've got
from an overlay. I've installed it and when I try to start it up, as
root, with the command:

openconnect --script /etc/vpnc/vpnc-script https://sslvpn.curtin.edu.au

I get:

Attempting to connect to 134.7.249.196:443
SSL negotiation with sslvpn.curtin.edu.au
Connected to HTTPS on sslvpn.curtin.edu.au
GET https://sslvpn.curtin.edu.au/
Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.0 302 Temporary moved
SSL negotiation with sslvpn.curtin.edu.au
Connected to HTTPS on sslvpn.curtin.edu.au
GET https://sslvpn.curtin.edu.au/+webvpn+/index.html?tgroup=VPN-SSL-GROUP
Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.1 303 See Other
GET
https://sslvpn.curtin.edu.au/+webvpn+/index.html?tgroup=VPN-SSL-GROUP&tgcookieset=1

Got HTTP response: HTTP/1.1 303 See Other
GET https://sslvpn.curtin.edu.au/+webvpn+/index.html
Please enter your username and password.
Username:MY_USERNAME_GOES_HERE
Password:MY_PASSWORD_GOES_HERE
POST https://sslvpn.curtin.edu.au/+webvpn+/index.html
Got CONNECT response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
CSTP connected. DPD 10, Keepalive 180
Failed to open tun device: No such file or directory

From my reading of the openconnect website, which is quite bare, I
don't need a tun driver if I'm running as root - correct?

In my kernel I have:

bluey etc # grep -n "TUN" /usr/src/linux/.config
532:CONFIG_INET_XFRM_TUNNEL=y
533:CONFIG_INET_TUNNEL=y
535:CONFIG_INET_XFRM_MODE_TUNNEL=y
816:# CONFIG_TUN is not set
bluey etc #

Any other thoughts on what I should have?

Andrew