Old 11-10-2010, 07:22 AM

Default Can't update dev-lib/nss

Selon Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com>:

> I would try it with sandbox disabled.
>
> FEATURES="-*sandbox*" <your emerge command here>
>
> It may work. Certainly worth a shot I guess.

Bingo! For some reason, FEATURES="-*sandbox*" emerge nss did'nt work (sandbox
still used) when replacing FEATURE="...usersandbox" by -sandbox & launching
emerge -u nss worked.
Thanks Dale,
Thanks Alan for helping in explaining why you can't help.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Fatih Tümen

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 01:45, Stroller <stroller@stellar.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> On 9/11/2010, at 9:03pm, Fatih Tümen wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 22:05, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The language of this list is English. You might be lucky and find someonewhounderstands French and knows the answer to your problem, but the odds arenotgood. I don't speak French at all, I can't even make jokes about "leBigMac"and get it right, so I can't help you much :-)
>>>
>>> I suggest you find and post to a French speaking list, or translate theFrencherror messages to English.
>>
>> Come on, there was nothing French there except 'Leaving directory' message
>> preceded by its mnemonic 'make[1]'
>
> The point is that I don't know that the error message translates to 'Leaving directory'. And it's the only error message there is.

Sorry for assuming that the words 'quitant' and 'enterant' were
trivial for a English speaker. Anyway that line was not an error
line. Correct me if I am wrong but make usually [always?] shouts the
errors with triple asteriks followed by error numbers as in:

make[1]: *** [../../dist/public/dbm] Erreur 134
make: *** [export] Erreur 2

package name, make, and error nr are the keyword of my search.

> Isn't it possible for non-English speakers to set something like LANG="en_GB.UTF-8" in /etc/env.d/02locale and then simply `export LANG=en_GB.UTF-8` before posting their errors?

If it is not a bug of portage to produce error messages in English on
a system with non-English locale then it should be a feature of
portage to reproduce all error messages in English.

--
* *Fatih

Old 11-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Dale

alain.didierjean@free.fr wrote:

Selon Dale<rdalek1967@gmail.com>:

I would try it with sandbox disabled.

FEATURES="-*sandbox*"<your emerge command here>

It may work. Certainly worth a shot I guess.

Bingo! For some reason, FEATURES="-*sandbox*" emerge nss did'nt work (sandbox
still used) when replacing FEATURE="...usersandbox" by -sandbox& launching
emerge -u nss worked.
Thanks Dale,
Thanks Alan for helping in explaining why you can't help.

You're welcome. I wasn't sure it would help but it couldn't hurt to try
it at least. Sometimes things won't compile with sandbox just like
sometimes you can't use more than one core to compile a package. I
guess one gets ahead of the other or something.

When grasping at straws, grab all you can. lol

Glad you got it fixed.

Dale

:-) :-)