Old 02-01-2008, 05:43 PM
maxim wexler

Default /usr/bin/qt3to4 ?

Hi group,

Anybody familiar with qt3to4?

From doctrolltech.com/4.0/porting4.html

"To port code from Qt 3 to Qt 4:

1. Briefly read the porting notes below to get an
idea of what to expect."

They must mean up to number 6. because this page is
certainly not "brief"

"2. Be sure that your code compiles and runs well on
all your target platforms with Qt 3."

How?

"3. Add the line QT += qt3support to your .pro file
if you use qmake; otherwise, edit your makefile or
project file to link against the Qt3Support library
and add -DQT3_SUPPORT to your compiler flags. (You
might also need to specify other libraries. See What's
New in Qt 4 for details.)"

What is qmake, it's not in portage. .pro file? What
makefile?

"4. Run the qt3to4 porting tool. The tool will go
through your source code and adapt it to Qt 4.
5. Follow the instructions in the Porting .ui Files
to Qt 4 page to port Qt Designer files.
6. Recompile with Qt 4."

"Recompile with"? What does one recompile?

"For each error, search below for related identifiers
(e.g., function names, class names). This document
mentions all relevant identifiers to help you get the
information you need at the cost of being a little
verbose."

Maxim

Old 02-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Thomas Pani

maxim wexler wrote:
> "2. Be sure that your code compiles and runs well on
> all your target platforms with Qt 3."
>
> How?
Complile and test. I can't understand your problem...

> What is qmake, it's not in portage. .pro file? What
> makefile?
It's in portage, comes with Qt.
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qmake-manual.html

> "Recompile with"? What does one recompile?
The application you're porting?!

Not sure what you're trying to do, but you should probably learn some of
this stuff before. Maybe you can give a little more precise information?

Cheers,
thomas

Old 02-01-2008, 06:08 PM
"James Ausmus"

On Feb 1, 2008 10:43 AM, maxim wexler <blissfix@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi group,

Anybody familiar with qt3to4?

From doctrolltech.com/4.0/porting4.html

[...]

This sounds like a tool for developers who use the Qt libraries to develop applications - if they've developed their app against Qt3, and they want to port it to Qt4, this is the steps they would take with their application source code in order to do so.

HTH

-James

*

Maxim

* * *_________________________________________________ ___________________________________
Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. *http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Old 02-01-2008, 08:45 PM
maxim wexler

> This sounds like a tool for developers who use the
> Qt libraries to develop
> applications - if they've developed their app
> against Qt3, and they want to
> port it to Qt4, this is the steps they would take
> with their application
> source code in order to do so.

Yah, I'm just trying to emerge -uD world and get on
with my life. The horrible tale is told in a current
thread on the list.

mw