Old 11-05-2010, 06:36 AM
Alan McKinnon

Default Portage (and other packages) downgrade?

Apparently, though unproven, at 09:07 on Friday 05 November 2010, Zeerak
Mustafa Waseem did opine thusly:

> Hey guys,
>
> I'm having some strange behaviour from portage. Last week it downgraded
> chromium, which happens from time to time, so I didn't think too much
> about it. Today when updating portage seemed to want to downgrade itself
> from alpha3 to 2.1.9. As well as downgrading pidgin (this is without
> greater importance). I just don't quite see why it wants to be downgraded
> as I have portage in my package.unmask. I've attatched my emerge --info,
> perhaps someone can identify the issue? Or just tell me that there is no
> issue and everyone is having this experience?
>
> Anyway, thanks for the help

You are about the 5th person to ask this week..... ;-)

From $PORTDIR/profiles/ChangeLog:

01 Nov 2010; Zac Medico <zmedico@gentoo.org> package.mask:
Remove portage-2.2 from package.mask since we're now using a keywords mask
instead. This alleviates issues for cases like bug #336692 in which people
want to use profiles to unmask portage-2.2.

Remove your pckage.unamsk entry and replace it with this in package.keywords
(or the new! improved! name of package.accept.keywords):

<sys-apps/portage-9999 **

Make it less than 9999 to get around the absurd version numbering Zac is
having to resort to lately

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com