Old 02-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Qian Qiao

Default xeffects overlay

Old 02-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Joshua Doll

b.n. wrote:

Hi,

It's a bit the xeffects overlay seems unreachable. I had a (admittedly
brief) look on the web and it seems they are
moving/rebuilding/refactoring it, but I had no info on how to find it
now and/or when it will be back alive.

Where can I look for instructions?

m.

I'm pretty sure it's closed, and the ebuilds moved to desktop-effects
overlay.

--Joshua Doll

Old 02-01-2008, 05:31 PM
Joshua Doll

b.n. wrote:

Qian Qiao ha scritto:

b.n. wrote:

Hi,

It's a bit the xeffects overlay seems unreachable. I had a (admittedly

brief) look on the web and it seems they are
moving/rebuilding/refactoring it, but I had no info on how to find it
now and/or when it will be back alive.

Where can I look for instructions?

m.

The overlay has reached it's EOL[1].

[1] http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-641342.html

I've read the thread, and now I'm even more confused.

- Where are the ex-xeffects ebuilds? arcon, desktop-effects or what?

- What is the difference between desktop-effects and xeffects? (Why
closing xeffects, if then the same people then open another overlay at
desktop-effects? I suppose *there has to be* a difference)

I'm pretty sure that jmbsvicetto retired from maintaining the overlay.
The only difference I've seen is desktop-effects uses git.

- What's the best migration pathway? Is eliminating xeffects and adding
desktop-effects to layman enough, or more convoluted stuff is to be made?

That's all I did.

--Joshua Doll

Old 02-01-2008, 05:44 PM
"b.n."