Old 11-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Helmut Jarausch

Default HP625 anybody?

Hi,

I've just bought an HP625 notebook with a pre-installed SuSE system.
Of course, I'd like to replace this with GenToo.

The problems concern the broadcom WLAN driver, the bluetooth driver and
the keyboard layout (including special keys).

The graphics works just fine with 2.6.36 / xorg-server-1.9.2 and
ati-drivers-10.10 (to be).

I've found http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/HP_Elitebook_8530w

which shows some similarity, but perhaps someone knows a dedicated
URL / document.

Many thanks for your help,
Helmut.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 12:13:07 +0100, Helmut Jarausch wrote:

> I've just bought an HP625 notebook with a pre-installed SuSE system.
> Of course, I'd like to replace this with GenToo.
>
> The problems concern the broadcom WLAN driver, the bluetooth driver and
> the keyboard layout (including special keys).

Run lsmod and lspci -k from SUSE to see when modules it uses. The
wireless is probably the wl module, which is provided in Gentoo by the
broadcom-sta package.

--
Neil Bothwick

Always be sincere... whether you mean it or not!

Old 11-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Dale

Helmut Jarausch wrote:

Hi,

I've just bought an HP625 notebook with a pre-installed SuSE system.
Of course, I'd like to replace this with GenToo.

The problems concern the broadcom WLAN driver, the bluetooth driver and
the keyboard layout (including special keys).

The graphics works just fine with 2.6.36 / xorg-server-1.9.2 and
ati-drivers-10.10 (to be).

I've found http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/HP_Elitebook_8530w

which shows some similarity, but perhaps someone knows a dedicated
URL / document.

Many thanks for your help,
Helmut.

As far as drivers go, this should help you find the right one.

http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/

Not sure on the keyboard tho.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 11-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Helmut Jarausch

On 11/03/10 13:13:28, Dale wrote:
> As far as drivers go, this should help you find the right one.
>
> http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/

Many thanks, Dale, a very interesting page.

Helmut.