Old 10-31-2010, 08:24 AM
Mick

Default Winter clock change did not happen

I dual boot with MSWindows and therefore have set up my /etc/conf.d/clock to:

CLOCK="local"
TIMEZONE="Europe/London"
CLOCK_OPTS=""
CLOCK_SYSTOHC="no"
SRM="no"
ARC="no"

I noticed this morning that the clock was still showing summer time (I rarely
boot into MSWindows).

I had to boot into MSWindows to check what happens there and the clock was
showing the new winter time. After that the Linux clock was also showing the
updated winter time.

Does this mean that twice a year when the clock changes I need to boot into
MSWindows first to allow the time change to take place, or is there a Linux
side fix for my dual boot set up?
Mick