Old 10-31-2010, 07:03 AM
András Csányi

Default Flash and other sounds in my system

Hi all!

There is a strange or not strange problem. When I'm listening music
(the player is audacious or amarok) I can't play any flash with sound.
If it is possible Amarok lost the sound and I have to restart it.
Audacious not so sensible but the little window comes up "driver is
busy" or something like this but few push on the "next" button and
everything is working fine. I know the problem is that, Flash use Alsa
directly instead Amarok and Audacious which use Phonon. Somebody can
tell me what is the normal solution for this problem? A little bit
annoying this situation.

Thanks for any help in advance!

András

--
- -
--* Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando)* -- http://sayusi.hu --

Old 10-31-2010, 09:32 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

There is a strange or not strange problem. When I'm listening music
(the player is audacious or amarok) I can't play any flash with sound.
If it is possible Amarok lost the sound and I have to restart it.
Audacious not so sensible but the little window comes up "driver is
busy" or something like this but few push on the "next" button and
everything is working fine. I know the problem is that, Flash use Alsa
directly instead Amarok and Audacious which use Phonon. Somebody can
tell me what is the normal solution for this problem? A little bit
annoying this situation.

If you have an /etc/asound.conf file, delete it (or move it) and reboot.

If this won't fix your problem, search around on how to enable dmix in
ALSA. I've no idea how, since without an /etc/asound.conf, dmix got
enabled by default on the PC I tried it.