Old 10-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Joseph

Default perl 5.12 downgrade ??

After upgrading to Perl 5.12 and all cleanup "perl-cleaner --all"
When I run "emerge --depclean" it asked me to removed the following packages listed below.
However, when I check all of them are needed by some other packages. Do I need them? (I retained them all)

virtual/perl-Package-Constants
virtual/perl-Compress-Raw-Zlib
virtual/perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2
dev-java/antlr
perl-core/MIME-Base64

perl-core/Test-Simple
perl-core/Archive-Tar
perl-core/Test-Harness
perl-core/IO-Compress
perl-core/IO-Zlib
perl-core/Digest-MD5
perl-core/CGI
perl-core/Digest-SHA
perl-core/Compress-Raw-Bzip2
perl-core/Sys-Syslog
perl-core/digest-base
perl-core/Compress-Raw-Zlib

perl-core/version
perl-core/DB_File
perl-core/Package-Constants
dev-java/gjdoc
perl-core/libnet

The reason I'm asking is that I'm getting some strange errors when using 'sql-ledger' eg.
Using a hash as a reference is deprecated at SL/IS.pm line 582.

I think it might be related to recent perl upgrade.
Is it possible / safe to downgrade to previous "perl-5.8.8-r8" ?
or do I just delete the above perl module.

--
Joseph