Old 02-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Neil Bothwick

Default VM Ware or not?

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:58:26 -0800, Vladimir G. Ivanovic wrote:

> I cannot get bridged netwokring to work, no matter what I try. I have
> searched high and low for an answer, and I have spend hours
> experimenting. Bridged networking broke for me when 2.6.21 came out
> and has never worked since.

Is the host on a wired or wireless network? I found bridged wouldn't work
over wireless, so I use NAT on my laptop.

--
Neil Bothwick

I am McCoy of Bo...Damnit! I'm a doctor, not a collective!

Old 02-06-2008, 03:31 AM
Drew Tomlinson

Neil Bothwick wrote:

I cannot get bridged netwokring to work, no matter what I try. I have
searched high and low for an answer, and I have spend hours
experimenting. Bridged networking broke for me when 2.6.21 came out
and has never worked since.

Is the host on a wired or wireless network? I found bridged wouldn't work
over wireless, so I use NAT on my laptop.

There is a unofficial hack discussed at
http://communities.vmware.com/thread/95630?tstart=0&start=0. It has
worked for many but not for me. If anyone knows any other tricks, I'd
be happy to hear about them. I'm using a gentoo 2.6.23-r5 kernel with
the Broadcom 4311 driver.

Cheers,

Drew

Old 02-07-2008, 04:19 PM