Old 10-19-2010, 05:50 PM
Martin Sivak

Default timezone: allow the user to type it in.

I think that if we are doing this, we should do it upstream so everyone benefits from it. In system-config-date.
We do not have to solve this until F15 so I think we have more than enough time to do this properly (or not at all).

--
Martin Sivák
msivak@redhat.com

Old 10-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Bill Nottingham

Ales Kozumplik (akozumpl@redhat.com) said:
> Cons: if he types 'Brno' which s-c-date doesn't know about, then 'Prague'
> is not suggested automatically.
>
> Pros: if you know your 'timezone city' you can just type it in quickly
> (I'd argue most people in Europe know what their 'timezone city' is).

Can't we steal the location code from the GNOME panel clock? It does
type-ahead location completion.

Bill

Old 10-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Ales Kozumplik