Old 10-17-2010, 09:27 AM

Default Fcron question

Hi,

I want to start a script via fcron, which collects all EPG
informations into an xml- and into a text-file.
To do so, tzap needs to be run.
This implies, that noone is using the dvb-t interface under /dev.

This cannot quaranteed for all cases in the future.

Can I instruct fcron to retry the execution of a script - say - 30 minutes after
the time of the original scheduled start, if the script returns with
an rc != 0 ?

Best regards
mcc

Old 10-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Florian Philipp

Am 17.10.2010 11:27, schrieb meino.cramer@gmx.de:
> Hi,
>
> I want to start a script via fcron, which collects all EPG
> informations into an xml- and into a text-file.
> To do so, tzap needs to be run.
> This implies, that noone is using the dvb-t interface under /dev.
>
> This cannot quaranteed for all cases in the future.
>
> Can I instruct fcron to retry the execution of a script - say - 30 minutes after
> the time of the original scheduled start, if the script returns with
> an rc != 0 ?

Hmm, I don't think so. Its man-page doesn't show such an option. I think
your best bet is to create a wrapper script which tests the existence
and stats of some file for checking it. Then let fcron run that script
every 30 minutes.

The attached file should get you going.

Hope this helps,
Florian Philipp

Old 10-17-2010, 12:49 PM

Florian Philipp <lists@f_philipp.fastmail.net> [10-10-17 13:52]:
> Am 17.10.2010 11:27, schrieb meino.cramer@gmx.de:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to start a script via fcron, which collects all EPG
> > informations into an xml- and into a text-file.
> > To do so, tzap needs to be run.
> > This implies, that noone is using the dvb-t interface under /dev.
> >
> > This cannot quaranteed for all cases in the future.
> >
> > Can I instruct fcron to retry the execution of a script - say - 30 minutes after
> > the time of the original scheduled start, if the script returns with
> > an rc != 0 ?
> >

> Hmm, I don't think so. Its man-page doesn't show such an option. I think
> your best bet is to create a wrapper script which tests the existence
> and stats of some file for checking it. Then let fcron run that script
> every 30 minutes.
>
> The attached file should get you going.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Florian Philipp