Old 10-15-2010, 05:05 AM
Rod

Default Something in PHP has killed Apache2

Hi

I just did a emerge -vnuD system and I think a build was done on
mysql (seems this is the origin of the problems) I'm getting a PHP
Warning as follows, and Apache2 doesn't start up

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php5/lib/extensions/no-debug-zts-20060613/mysql.so' -
/usr/lib/php5/lib/extensions/no-debug-zts-20060613/mysql.so: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

no matter what I do, i have been trying to go thru the php.ini
files to comment out or remove the linking to extensions, but nothing is
fixing the problem

I ran revdep-rebuild -library=mysql.so but this returned with no
problems

if I run /etc/init.d/apache2 restart I get the following

* Stopping apache2 ...
httpd (no pid file) not
running [ ok ]
* Starting apache2
... [ ok ]

but tailing /var/log/apache2/error_log I get the above PHP warning

If I ls -la the file it is finding error, I have a missing mysql.so

jumpgate ~ # ls -la /usr/lib/php5/lib/extensions/no-debug-zts-20060613/
total 16
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 80 Oct 4 15:00 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 88 Oct 4 12:44 ..
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 13828 Oct 4 14:59 phpcups.so

relinking the file with the following into the problem directory,

no-debug-zts-20060613 # ln -s
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.2/i686-linux/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so
mysql.so

I get the following when I try and restart apache2, the error_log
file is now

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php5/lib/extensions/no-debug-zts-20060613/mysql.so' -
/usr/lib/php5/lib/extensions/no-debug-zts-20060613/mysql.so: undefined
symbol: PL_unitcheckav in Unknown on line 0

I have "emerged" everything mysql, and everything php as in find
what packages are installed, and anything with PHP in their name or
mysql in their name, I have re-merged.

But yet, I still have a problem

Old 10-15-2010, 06:03 AM
"Jason Carson"

> I ran revdep-rebuild -library=mysql.so but this returned with no
> problems

Try running revdep-rebuild without -library=mysql.so

I had problem a few weeks ago when I updated PHP and running
revdep-rebuild without any options fixed it.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:46 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 02:03:05 -0400, Jason Carson wrote:

> > I ran revdep-rebuild -library=mysql.so but this returned with no
> > problems
>
> Try running revdep-rebuild without -library=mysql.so

Before revdep-rebuild, run "lafilefixer --justfixit".

--
Neil Bothwick

Found my .sig, it was in behind the cushion on the settee.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Florian Philipp

Am 15.10.2010 09:46, schrieb Neil Bothwick:
> On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 02:03:05 -0400, Jason Carson wrote:
>
>>> I ran revdep-rebuild -library=mysql.so but this returned with no
>>> problems
>>
>> Try running revdep-rebuild without -library=mysql.so
>
> Before revdep-rebuild, run "lafilefixer --justfixit".

And add the following lines to /etc/portage/bashrc

post_src_install() {
lafilefixer "${D}"
}

It helps to prevent odd failures in the future and it doesn't slow
things down.