Old 10-14-2010, 05:57 AM
Coert Waagmeester

Default distcc and USE flags

Hello all,

Still new to gentoo. I use RHEL a lot.

If I want to set up an x86 distcc solution, do the USE flags need to be
the same on all machines?

Trying to setup/compile all desktop apps on one machine with two
assisting in compilation.

Regards,
Coert Waagmeester

Old 10-14-2010, 06:11 AM
Stéphane Guedon

Le Thursday 14 October 2010 07:57:25, Coert Waagmeester a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> Still new to gentoo. I use RHEL a lot.
>
> If I want to set up an x86 distcc solution, do the USE flags need to be
> the same on all machines?
>
> Trying to setup/compile all desktop apps on one machine with two
> assisting in compilation.
>
> Regards,
> Coert Waagmeester

the use flags needn't to be the same if you order the compile from the machine
which have the binaries.

If you compile all on one machine only, I think too, but not sure, and I don't
know how you tell which use flags correspond to which machine...

--
Stéphane Guedon
page web : http://www.22decembre.eu/

Old 10-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 07:57:25 +0200, Coert Waagmeester wrote:

> If I want to set up an x86 distcc solution, do the USE flags need to be
> the same on all machines?

No. the USE flags determine options passed to the build system, so the
host's flags are interpreted before anything is sent to any distcc
clients.

The only USE flags that may affect this are those used to build the
toolchain on the various boxes, which need to be compatible.

--
Neil Bothwick

Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat.