Old 10-11-2010, 05:28 PM

Default Suspend-to-disk stopped by xhci-module...

Hi,

For my ASUS Crosshair IV Formula motherboard I use the (experimental)
USB 3.0 driver "xhci".
When this driver is loaded as module I cannot send the PC to
suspend-mode.
After unloading that module, it works.

Is it possible to rmmod this module and maybe sync and unmount any
related USB-device automagically before entering any suspend mode?
(Or is there any other nice trick to circumvent that problem?)

Best regards,
mcc

Old 10-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Maciej Grela

2010/10/11 <meino.cramer@gmx.de>:
> Hi,
>
> For my ASUS Crosshair IV Formula motherboard I use the (experimental)
> USB 3.0 driver "xhci".
> When this driver is loaded as module I cannot send the PC to
> suspend-mode.
> After unloading that module, it works.
>
> Is it possible to rmmod this module and maybe sync and unmount any
> related USB-device automagically before entering any suspend mode?
> (Or is there any other nice trick to circumvent that problem?)

What appears in dmesg when you try to suspend with the module loaded ?

--
Maciej Grela

Old 10-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 19:28:56 +0200, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:

> Is it possible to rmmod this module and maybe sync and unmount any
> related USB-device automagically before entering any suspend mode?
> (Or is there any other nice trick to circumvent that problem?)

The hibernate scripts from tuxonice.org (sys-power/hibernate-script) have
options top unload modules, stop programs etc. I have it shut down my
wireless before suspending.

AFAIK they can be used with the standard swsusp stuff, although I've only
used it with a tuxonice-sources kernel.

--
Neil Bothwick

Irritable? Who the bloody hell are you calling irritable?

Old 10-12-2010, 04:21 AM
Iain Buchanan

On Tue, 2010-10-12 at 00:38 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:

> AFAIK they can be used with the standard swsusp stuff, although I've only
> used it with a tuxonice-sources kernel.

yup, hibernate script works with vanilla or tuxonice, both ram and
disk

It's no use crying over spilt milk -- it only makes it salty for the cat.