Old 10-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Dale

Default Kopete and offline messages

Hi,

I upgraded to KDE 4.5.2 and noticed something weird about Kopete.*
First, these are the flags and such:

[ebuild** R** ] kde-base/kopete-4.5.2* USE="addbookmarks autoreplace
contactnotes groupwise handbook highlight history nowlistening pipes
privacy ssl statistics texteffect translator urlpicpreview yahoo
zeroconf (-aqua) -debug -gadu -jabber -jingle (-kdeenablefinal)
(-kdeprefix) -latex -meanwhile -msn -oscar -otr -qq -skype -sms
-testbed -v4l2 -webpresence -winpopup"

It used to let me send a message to someone even if the person was off
line.* Now, I get this little tidbit of info when I click on a user
that is off line:

"This user is not reachable
at the moment. Please make sure you are connected and using a protocol
that supports offline sending, or wait until this user comes online."

This works fine if a user is online.* It opens a window for me to start
talking in for them but I have some friends that logon invisible so
this error is not going over to well.* What is the deal here?* I don't
see a USE flag that affects this and it was working before the
upgrade.* I also don't see anything odd in the settings but maybe I am
missing something.

Is this Yahoo, Kopete or what?* Thanks.

Dale

:-)* :-)*

Old 10-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Yohan Pereira

On Sunday 10 October 2010 8:48:52 pm Dale wrote:
> [ebuild R ] kde-base/kopete-4.5.2 USE="addbookmarks autoreplace
> contactnotes groupwise handbook highlight history nowlistening pipes
> privacy ssl statistics texteffect translator urlpicpreview yahoo
> zeroconf (-aqua) -debug -gadu -jabber -jingle (-kdeenablefinal)
> (-kdeprefix) -latex -meanwhile -msn -oscar -otr -qq -skype -sms -testbed
> -v4l2 -webpresence -winpopup"

[ebuild R ] kde-base/kopete-4.5.2 USE="addbookmarks autoreplace
contactnotes handbook highlight history jabber jingle nowlistening pipes
privacy ssl statistics texteffect translator urlpicpreview v4l2 yahoo (-aqua) -
debug -gadu -groupwise (-kdeenablefinal) (-kdeprefix) -latex -meanwhile -msn -
oscar -otr -qq -skype -sms -testbed -webpresence -winpopup -zeroconf"

> Is this Yahoo, Kopete or what? Thanks.

works perfectly here with invisible users on yahoo. maybe try pidgin or
something to rule out a fault with kopete.

--
- Yohan Pereira.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Dale

Yohan Pereira wrote:

[...]

I installed pidgin and it works so it must be a Kopete thing. Just
wonder what that is. I re-emerged Kopete just to see if that would help
and it didn't. I prefer Kopete because that is where all my past chats
are saved.

Anybody know what could cause this? Could it be something Kopete built
on that pidgin doesn't use?

Thanks.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 10-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Dale

Dale wrote:

Yohan Pereira wrote:

[...]

I figured it out. At some point during the upgrade some of the contact
info got deleted. Most importantly the contact name. It can't send a
message without the IM name. lol

Now to figure out how to get that back. o_O

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 10-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Alan McKinnon

Apparently, though unproven, at 18:56 on Sunday 10 October 2010, Dale did
opine thusly:

> Yohan Pereira wrote:
> > On Sunday 10 October 2010 8:48:52 pm Dale wrote:
> >> [ebuild R ] kde-base/kopete-4.5.2 USE="addbookmarks autoreplace
> >> contactnotes groupwise handbook highlight history nowlistening pipes
> >> privacy ssl statistics texteffect translator urlpicpreview yahoo
> >> zeroconf (-aqua) -debug -gadu -jabber -jingle (-kdeenablefinal)
> >> (-kdeprefix) -latex -meanwhile -msn -oscar -otr -qq -skype -sms -testbed
> >> -v4l2 -webpresence -winpopup"
> >
> > [ebuild R ] kde-base/kopete-4.5.2 USE="addbookmarks autoreplace
> > contactnotes handbook highlight history jabber jingle nowlistening pipes
> > privacy ssl statistics texteffect translator urlpicpreview v4l2 yahoo
> > (-aqua) - debug -gadu -groupwise (-kdeenablefinal) (-kdeprefix) -latex
> > -meanwhile -msn - oscar -otr -qq -skype -sms -testbed -webpresence
> > -winpopup -zeroconf"
> >
> >> Is this Yahoo, Kopete or what? Thanks.
> >
> > works perfectly here with invisible users on yahoo. maybe try pidgin or
> > something to rule out a fault with kopete.
>
> I installed pidgin and it works so it must be a Kopete thing. Just
> wonder what that is. I re-emerged Kopete just to see if that would help
> and it didn't. I prefer Kopete because that is where all my past chats
> are saved.
>
> Anybody know what could cause this? Could it be something Kopete built
> on that pidgin doesn't use?

Some IM servers just don't support delivering off-line messages.

Not Kopete's fault if it tells you it can't deliver a message coz the server
won't accept it.

What service are you sending to?

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com