Old 10-09-2010, 04:40 AM

Default HAL? ACPID?

Hi,

in search of informations about acpi/acpid on the internet I found
the statement, that acpid is now obsoleted by hal.
When I give "acpi" in the gentoo wiki I found installation
instructions for acpid and HAL is not mentioned.

I am confused now...

I am using an ASUS Crosshair IV Formula wuth an AMD Phenom II X6
CPU. Suspend-to-Swap works fine (as a sign of a working ACPI
implemention...)

What should I use ? Acpid? Hal? Both?

Best regards,
mcc

Old 10-09-2010, 08:05 AM
Maciej Grela

2010/10/9 <meino.cramer@gmx.de>:

> Hi,
>
> in search of informations about acpi/acpid on the internet I found
> the statement, that acpid is now obsoleted by hal.
> When I give "acpi" in the gentoo wiki I found installation
> instructions for acpid and HAL is not mentioned.
>
> I am confused now...
>
> I am using an ASUS Crosshair IV Formula wuth an AMD Phenom II X6
> CPU. Suspend-to-Swap works fine (as a sign of a working ACPI
> implemention...)
>
> What should I use ? Acpid? Hal? Both?

What do you want to do with acpi ?

--
Maciej Grela

Old 10-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Stroller

On 9 Oct 2010, at 05:40, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
> in search of informations about acpi/acpid on the internet I found
> the statement, that acpid is now obsoleted by hal.
> When I give "acpi" in the gentoo wiki I found installation
> instructions for acpid and HAL is not mentioned.
>
> I am confused now...

Gentoo-wiki is of limited reliability, because there are not enough people with time to edit it. It's very possible that article is out of date - if you're talking about this page <http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/ACPI/Configuration> then notice that it's barely been edited since it was "imported from the archives" a year ago. The Great Gentoo Wiki Data Loss was another year before that, so deity only knows how old that information is.

Stroller.