Old 10-07-2010, 10:16 PM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

Default gnome brightness

Using gnome on my gentoo ~amd64 workstation ... 2 tft-screens ...

I would like to be able to control the brightness of the screens via
some applet or so. Yes, I use it on my thinkpad, would it work here as well?

Additional, would it be possible to somehow control the brightness in
relation to the current time?

Daylight -> bright screens

Nighttime -> dimmed ....

?