-   -   Intel Graphics Triple Monitor Setup (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/4356-intel-graphics-triple-monitor-setup.html)

Stroller 11-24-2007 09:51 PM

Intel Graphics Triple Monitor Setup

On 24 Nov 2007, at 21:02, Florian Philipp wrote:

... With a Dell Docking Station I
could use the display of my notebook, one VGA- and one DVI-connected
display, in theory ...

Did you ever try this? I would expect the VGA and DVI connectors to
be outputs of the same wosssisname, and simply to mirror each other.

Is it possible to use three displays (maybe even with three different
resolutions) with an Intel i915 chip?

Hmmmn... undoubtedly so, depending upon how you solder your wires to
that chip. Most people will buy that chip already fitted in a
motherboard or laptop & will be constrained by the outputs provided
by the manufacturer. ;)

Stroller.