Old 10-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Mick

Default ntfs-3g access rights

Hi All,

On a box which dual boots into MSWindows I mount a ntfs partition using fstab
as follows:

/dev/sda9 /mnt/data ntfs-3g defaults,noatime,locale=en_GB.utf8 0 0

however, when I ls the contents all files and directories are shown as:

(d)rwxrwxrwx

The problem is that these are different to the MSWindows rights and also if I
untar any fs in there then the access rights of that tarred fs are not
retained.

What is an appropriate way to configure this so that the Linux user has the
same access rights as the MSWindows user?

PS. I have set up a UserMapping file, but this has not made any difference.
Mick