Old 10-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Dale

Default KDE 4.5.2. No such file and No such directory

Hi,

KDE 4.5.2 hit the tree. It is still masked and/or keyworded but
anyway. Since I have them in my unmask/keyword file, portage wants to
upgrade. Thing is, it seems none of the mirrors have the tarballs for
4.5.2.

I also googled for some of them too. I was hoping I could download some
of them manually, or know what mirror to use, and put them in
distfiles. Google has no idea where they are either. There is about
200 of them. Seems like almost all of them.

Has anyone been able to get the tarballs yet? If so, what mirror was used?

Thanks.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 10-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Sunday 03 October 2010, Dale wrote:
> Hi,
>
> KDE 4.5.2 hit the tree. It is still masked and/or keyworded but
> anyway. Since I have them in my unmask/keyword file, portage wants to
> upgrade. Thing is, it seems none of the mirrors have the tarballs for
> 4.5.2.
>
> I also googled for some of them too. I was hoping I could download some
> of them manually, or know what mirror to use, and put them in
> distfiles. Google has no idea where they are either. There is about
> 200 of them. Seems like almost all of them.
>
> Has anyone been able to get the tarballs yet? If so, what mirror was used?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dale
>
> :-) :-)

http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.5_Release_Schedule
October 5th, 2010: Release KDE 4.5.2

that wasn't hard, now was it?

There won't be any tarballs prior 5th. Except for devs who know the 'secret'
places where the tarballs are hidden for distro devs to generate packages.

Old 10-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Dale

Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:

[...]

That certainly explains it.