Old 10-01-2010, 03:07 AM
Christopher Koeber

Default Problem with Having two Network Cards in System ...

Hello,

I have a system with two network cards. The cards are configured for DHCP for two separate networks and they get their respective IP addresses from the different DCHP servers.

The problem is that the network access on <I>either</I> network is sporatic at best. The networks are as follows:

First, my network config file:

<B>/etc/conf.d/net</B>

-----------------------------
# This blank configuration will automatically use DHCP for any net.*
# scripts in /etc/init.d.* To create a more complete configuration,

# please review /etc/conf.d/net.example and save your configuration
# in /etc/conf.d/net (this file :]!).
config_eth0=( "dhcp" )
dhcpcd_eth0="-N"
config_eth1=( "dhcp" )
dhcpcd_eth1="-N"

-----------------------------

<B>ETH0:</B>
This is on a Gigabit network and I rarely, if ever, get access on this network. This is an add-in card that I added after the initial installation.

Here is the ifconfig of eth0
-----------------------------
eth0***** Link encap:Ethernet* HWaddr 00:26:f2:ac:c9:df*
********* inet addr:10.10.50.68* Bcast:10.10.50.255* Mask:255.255.255.0
********* inet6 addr: fe80::226:f2ff:feac:c9df/64 Scope:Link

********* UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST* MTU:1500* Metric:1
********* RX packets:69584 errors:0 dropped:492 overruns:0 frame:0
********* TX packets:2291 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
********* collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

********* RX bytes:5631144 (5.3 MiB)* TX bytes:237966 (232.3 KiB)
********* Interrupt:23 Base address:0xc000
-----------------------------

<B>ETH1:</B>
This is on a 10/100 network and I get access sporatically on this network. This card is a built-in card.

Here is the ifconfig of eth1
-----------------------------
eth1***** Link encap:Ethernet* HWaddr 00:b0:d0:fc:51:c7*
********* inet addr:10.60.1.1* Bcast:10.60.255.255* Mask:255.255.0.0
********* inet6 addr: fe80::2b0:d0ff:fefc:51c7/64 Scope:Link

********* UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST* MTU:1500* Metric:1
********* RX packets:640794 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
********* TX packets:57388 errors:2 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:2
********* collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

********* RX bytes:63730861 (60.7 MiB)* TX bytes:17820579 (16.9 MiB)

Now, both networks neet to be operational as I would like for the system itself to be able to contact both networks and run services for each network. However, the networks will NOT be bridged by the server in question.

When i originally set up the system everything worked fine.

What do I need to do to make sure the system communicates to the networks in question?

Thank you for your time.
Regards,

Christopher Koeber