Old 01-21-2008, 06:16 PM

Default Any one using www-apps/online-bookmarks

I'm having a little trouble getting www-apps/online-bookmarks set up.

Near as I can tell there is literally no help installed when you
install this package.... A few readmes with a URL to an online help
site:
http://www.frech.ch/online-bookmarks/installation.php

However, I'm not seeing the behavior described there and it appears
there is no other resource for getting started.

You are told to aim your browser at:
http://www.yourserver.com/online-bookmarks/

When I fill in my server I see a listing like one might see in a file
browser.

The online site claims it will be linked to an install process but
that is true here.

Its a file listing of a bunch of php files but opening the install.php
does not lead to anything usefull... Instead you see a php text file
that doesn't really work as described.

I'm guessing something in the my php setup/config is not done right.

However I've done no config of php. I just installed the
online-bookmarks/ which pulled in php stuff. I didn't see messages
about configuring it.

Anyone here using this package that can provide a few tips?

Old 01-21-2008, 06:26 PM
"James Ausmus"

On Jan 21, 2008 11:16 AM, <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:
> I'm having a little trouble getting www-apps/online-bookmarks set up.

<snip>

> When I fill in my server I see a listing like one might see in a file
> browser.
>
> The online site claims it will be linked to an install process but
> that is true here.
>
> Its a file listing of a bunch of php files but opening the install.php
> does not lead to anything usefull... Instead you see a php text file
> that doesn't really work as described.

Haven't used online-bookmarks before myself, but it soulds like Apache
isn't configured properly for PHP scripts - try *adding* the following
to your /etc/conf.d/apache2 file in the APACHE2_OPTS line (inside the
double-quotes):
-D PHP -D PHP5

and then do:
/etc/init.d/apache2 stop && /etc/init.d/apache2 start
(I've found that sometimes a "/etc/init.d/apache2 restart" tries to
start the apache2 processes again before the old processes have fully
closed out, so will sometimes error out...)

HTH-

James

Old 01-22-2008, 12:01 AM
"Jason Carson"

You may have to emerge php with the "apache2" USE flag if it still doesn't
work.