Old 09-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Al

Default emerge python-updater -> raise InvalidAtom(self)

Hello,

after emerging portage emerging python-updater brock with this

[...]
File "/home/prefix/gentoo/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/dep/__init__.py",
line 1006, in __init__
raise InvalidAtom(self)
portage.exception.InvalidAtom: media-tv/vdrplugin-rebuild::Cygwin overlay

I get the same error whenever I call emerge.

I found this: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-840263-start-0.html

However the case is different. There is no directory
"var/db/pkg/media-tv/..." that I could remove and I never installed
that.

It's also a different line and function that rises the error: 647 vs. 1006.

How can I clean this up?

Thanks

Al

Old 09-29-2010, 05:23 PM
"Arttu V."

On 9/29/10, Al <oss.elmar@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after emerging portage emerging python-updater brock with this
>
> [...]
> File "/home/prefix/gentoo/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/dep/__init__.py",
> line 1006, in __init__
> raise InvalidAtom(self)
> portage.exception.InvalidAtom: media-tv/vdrplugin-rebuild::Cygwin overlay
>
> I get the same error whenever I call emerge.
>

> I found this: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-840263-start-0.html
>
> However the case is different. There is no directory
> "var/db/pkg/media-tv/..." that I could remove and I never installed
> that.
>
> It's also a different line and function that rises the error: 647 vs. 1006.
>
> How can I clean this up?

IIRC repo names must be single strings without spaces.

--
Arttu V. -- Running Gentoo is like running with scissors

Old 09-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Al

1006.

>> How can I clean this up?
>
> IIRC repo names must be single strings without spaces.

What a self destructive idea of me to use whitspaces. Thanks, I changed that.

I started the whole bootstrapping skript from the beginning. So I this
doesn't confirm, if it was the real reason.

Al