Old 09-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Laurent Kappler

Default trouble emerging x11-libs/gtk+

Hi,

I'm updating my system and compiling* x11-libs/gtk+-2.20.1-r1
fail:

*ERROR: x11-libs/gtk+-2.20.1-r1 failed:

**** emake failed

**

** Call stack:

****** ebuild.sh, line** 54:* Called src_compile

**** environment, line 3075:* Called _eapi2_src_compile

****** ebuild.sh, line* 646:* Called die

** The specific snippet of code:

*************** emake || die "emake failed"

I looked on internet but did not find any solution appropriate
to my problem.

Here is the emerge --info output:

System uname:
Linux-2.6.24.5-grsec-xxxx-grs-ipv4-64-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-2_Duo_CPU_E7200_@_2.53GHz-with-gentoo-1.12.13

Timestamp of tree: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 12:30:19 +0000

ccache version 2.4 [enabled]

app-shells/bash:**** 4.0_p37

dev-lang/python:**** 2.6.4-r1

dev-util/ccache:**** 2.4-r7

dev-util/cmake:***** 2.6.4-r3

sys-apps/baselayout: 1.12.13

sys-apps/sandbox:*** 1.6-r2

sys-devel/autoconf:* 2.65-r1

sys-devel/automake:* 1.10.3, 1.11.1

sys-devel/binutils:* 2.20.1-r1

sys-devel/gcc:****** 4.3.4, 4.4.3-r2

sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.1

sys-devel/libtool:** 2.2.10

sys-devel/make:***** 3.81-r2

virtual/os-headers:* 2.6.30-r1

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"

ACCEPT_LICENSE="* -@EULA"

CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"

CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -march=k8"

CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"

CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /var/bind"

CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d
/etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf
/etc/php/apache2-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php5/ext-active/
/etc/php/cli-php5/ext-active/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d
/etc/terminfo"

CXXFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -march=k8"

DISTDIR="/home/var/ftp/distfiles"

FEATURES="assume-digests ccache collision-protect distlocks
fixpackages news parallel-fetch protect-owned sfperms strict
unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch"

GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://mirror.ovh.net/gentoo-distfiles/
ftp://mirror.ovh.net/gentoo-distfiles/"

LANG="fr_FR@euro"

LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"

MAKEOPTS="-j2"

PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"

PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"

PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms
--times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats
--timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local
--exclude=/packages"

PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/home/portage"

PORTDIR="/usr/portage"

PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage/layman/haxe
/usr/local/portage/layman/php-4 /usr/local/portage
/usr/local/php/testing /usr/local/php/experimental"

SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"

USE="acl amd64 apache2 berkdb bzip2 cli cracklib crypt cups cxx
dri fortran gd gdbm gif gpm iconv imap jpeg jpg ldap libwww
maildir mmx modules mudflap multilib mysql ncurses netboot nls
nptl nptlonly openmp pam pcre perl png pppd python readline
reflection sasl session snmp sse sse2 ssl sysfs tcpd truetype
unicode xml xml2 xorg zlib" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp
atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938
es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident
usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm
alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks
iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mmap_emul mulaw multi
null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions
alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default
authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host
authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs
dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter
file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio
mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling
status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" ELIBC="glibc"
GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin
garmintxt gpsclock itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver
oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf superstar2 timing tsip
tripmate tnt ubx" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev"
KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780
lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby18"
USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="fbdev glint intel mach64 mga
neomagic nouveau nv r128 radeon savage sis tdfx trident vesa via
vmware voodoo" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2
ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit
sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"

Unset:* CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, FFLAGS,
INSTALL_MASK, LC_ALL, LINGUAS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS,
PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

Thank you for any help

Laurent

Old 09-27-2010, 07:12 PM

I'm updating my system and compiling* x11-libs/gtk+-2.20.1-r1 fail:

*ERROR: x11-libs/gtk+-2.20.1-r1 failed:
**** emake failed
**
** Call stack:
****** ebuild.sh, line** 54:* Called src_compile
**** environment, line 3075:* Called _eapi2_src_compile
****** ebuild.sh, line* 646:* Called die
** The specific snippet of code:
*************** emake || die "emake failed"

This doesn't*help*at all. Could you patebin the build log and reply back with the URL?

Old 09-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Paul Hartman

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Laurent Kappler <rwx700@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm updating my system and compiling* x11-libs/gtk+-2.20.1-r1 fail:
>
> *ERROR: x11-libs/gtk+-2.20.1-r1 failed:
> **** emake failed
> **
> ** Call stack:
> ****** ebuild.sh, line** 54:* Called src_compile
> **** environment, line 3075:* Called _eapi2_src_compile
> ****** ebuild.sh, line* 646:* Called die
> ** The specific snippet of code:
> *************** emake || die "emake failed"

Hi,

The actual error happens before this message, in the compilation
output that scrolls by. If you can find it then it may help us to
track it down with you. Also since you're using MAKEOPTS="-j2" it may
help to comment that, so the errors appear in order rather than mixed
in with the other processes make job.

That being said, here is generic advice for any failing to compile

lafilefixer --justfixit
revdep-rebuild

(And, for perl-related things, perl-cleaner --all)

Old 09-27-2010, 11:00 PM
Peter Humphrey

On Monday 27 September 2010 20:12:26 rh1@comcast.net wrote:

> This doesn't help at all. Could you patebin the build log and reply
> back with the URL?

No, don't do that; reply here. Paste-bins get lost after a while.

--
Rgds
Peter. Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Laurent Kappler

That being said, here is generic advice for any failing to compile

lafilefixer --justfixit
revdep-rebuild

This fixes it
Thank you