Old 09-20-2010, 11:17 AM

Default xulrunner emerge problem

I am finding that when I try to emerge xulrunner on the recent update I
get the following:
XRemoteClient_standalone.o: In function
`XRemoteClient::FindBestWindow(char const*, char const*, char const*,
int)':
/var/tmp/portage/net-libs/xulrunner-1.9.2.9-r1/work/mozilla-1.9.2/widget/src/xremoteclient/XRemoteClient.cpp:535:
undefined reference to `PR_strtod'
/var/tmp/portage/net-libs/xulrunner-1.9.2.9-r1/work/mozilla-1.9.2/widget/src/xremoteclient/XRemoteClient.cpp:582:
undefined reference to `PR_GetEnv'
XRemoteClient_standalone.o: In function `XRemoteClient::GetLock(unsigned
long, int*)':
/var/tmp/portage/net-libs/xulrunner-1.9.2.9-r1/work/mozilla-1.9.2/widget/src/xremoteclient/XRemoteClient.cpp:367:
undefined reference to `PR_GetSystemInfo'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
I can't find anything ingoogle for this one -- anyone know what is
happening?

Thanks.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@ccs.covici.com

Old 09-21-2010, 03:38 PM
walt

I am finding that when I try to emerge xulrunner on the recent update I
get the following:

undefined reference to `PR_strtod'
undefined reference to `PR_GetEnv'

Those are defined in the nspr package. Do you have the latest nspr installed?

Old 09-21-2010, 05:52 PM

walt <w41ter@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/20/2010 04:17 AM, covici@ccs.covici.com wrote:
> > I am finding that when I try to emerge xulrunner on the recent update I
> > get the following:
>
> > undefined reference to `PR_strtod'
> > undefined reference to `PR_GetEnv'
>
> Those are defined in the nspr package. Do you have the latest nspr installed?

I have 4.8.6, I will re-emerge and try again.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@ccs.covici.com

Old 09-21-2010, 06:28 PM

walt <w41ter@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/20/2010 04:17 AM, covici@ccs.covici.com wrote:
> > I am finding that when I try to emerge xulrunner on the recent update I
> > get the following:
>
> > undefined reference to `PR_strtod'
> > undefined reference to `PR_GetEnv'
>
> Those are defined in the nspr package. Do you have the latest nspr installed?
OK, re-emerging nspr fixed the problem -- not sure what happened here.

Thanks much.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@ccs.covici.com

Old 09-22-2010, 12:49 AM
walt

On 09/21/2010 11:28 AM, covici@ccs.covici.com wrote:

walt<w41ter@gmail.com> wrote:

On 09/20/2010 04:17 AM, covici@ccs.covici.com wrote:

I am finding that when I try to emerge xulrunner on the recent update I
get the following:

undefined reference to `PR_strtod'
undefined reference to `PR_GetEnv'

Those are defined in the nspr package. Do you have the latest nspr installed?

OK, re-emerging nspr fixed the problem -- not sure what happened here.

Experienced users know that you must sacrifice a chicken in front of your computer
to obtain that information from the angry computer gods.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:05 AM
Zeerak Mustafa Waseem

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 05:49:48PM -0700, walt wrote:
> On 09/21/2010 11:28 AM, covici@ccs.covici.com wrote:
> > walt<w41ter@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Those are defined in the nspr package. Do you have the latest nspr installed?
>
> > OK, re-emerging nspr fixed the problem -- not sure what happened here.
>
> Experienced users know that you must sacrifice a chicken in front of your computer
> to obtain that information from the angry computer gods.

I knew I had been doing something wrong. Getting rid of cow carcasses aren't as easy as you'd think. Butchers won't take them unless they're killed "humanely". I'm a human, sacrificing them to the computer gods. How much more humane can it get?!

--
Zeerak Waseem