Old 09-20-2010, 12:33 AM

Default dbus static libs problem

Hi all. During a system update today, /usr/lib/libdbus-1.la was
deleted. However a number of packages require this file and now I can't
emerge any version of dbus with static-libs -- seems they have
hard-coded it away. What the heck is going on?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@ccs.covici.com

Old 09-20-2010, 02:47 AM
"alex@sourcegarden.de"

On 09/20/10 02:33, covici@ccs.covici.com wrote:

> Hi all. During a system
update today, /usr/lib/libdbus-1.la was

> deleted. However a number of packages require this file and
now I

> can't emerge any version of dbus with static-libs -- seems
they

> have hard-coded it away. What the heck is going on?

> Any assistance would be appreciated.

No it's still there O.o, you already tryed a revdep-rebuild?

Greetings Alex

--

Sourcegarden GmbH

HR: B-104357 Steuernummer: 37/167/21214USt-ID DE814784953

Geschäftsführer: Mario Scheliga, Rene Otto

Bank: Deutsche Bank, BLZ: 10070024, KTO: 0810929

Adresse: Schönhauser Allee 55, 10437 Berlin

Old 09-20-2010, 03:03 AM

alex@sourcegarden.de <alex@sourcegarden.de> wrote:

> On 09/20/10 02:33, covici@ccs.covici.com wrote:
> > Hi all. During a system update today, /usr/lib/libdbus-1.la was
> > deleted. However a number of packages require this file and now I
> > can't emerge any version of dbus with static-libs -- seems they
> > have hard-coded it away. What the heck is going on?
> >
> > Any assistance would be appreciated.
> >

> No it's still there O.o, you already tryed a revdep-rebuild?
I did try to re-emerge one of the packages --brasero -- but it still
would not compile and portage does not indicate any libraries needing to
be rebuilt since I am using the 2.2 series.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@ccs.covici.com

Old 09-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 20:33:39 -0400, covici@ccs.covici.com wrote:

> Hi all. During a system update today, /usr/lib/libdbus-1.la was
> deleted. However a number of packages require this file

emerge lafilefixer
lafilefixer --justfixit

--
Neil Bothwick

Znqr lbh ybbx!

Old 09-20-2010, 10:12 AM

Neil Bothwick <neil@digimed.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 20:33:39 -0400, covici@ccs.covici.com wrote:
>
> > Hi all. During a system update today, /usr/lib/libdbus-1.la was
> > deleted. However a number of packages require this file
>
> emerge lafilefixer
> lafilefixer --justfixit
Worked fine, I had lafilefixer, but had no clue what was going on.

Thanks much.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici
covici@ccs.covici.com

Old 09-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 06:12:56 -0400, covici@ccs.covici.com wrote:

> > > Hi all. During a system update today, /usr/lib/libdbus-1.la was
> > > deleted. However a number of packages require this file
> >
> > emerge lafilefixer
> > lafilefixer --justfixit
> Worked fine, I had lafilefixer, but had no clue what was going on.

Whenever an ebuild bombs out with an error about one or more .la files,
the first recourse should be to run lafilefixer.

--
Neil Bothwick

RAM disk is *not* an installation procedure.