Old 09-19-2010, 02:02 PM
András Csányi

Default mysql... drives me crazy

Hi all,

I'm not a mysql guru but what that bastard is doing it's drive me crazy.

version:5.1.50-r1 installed from portage

So...
I have installed and working fine.
I have installed phpmyadmin too and it's working fine. I can log in...
I wanted to create a database but after I gave the database's name and
click "Create" button the phpmyadmin kicked me out. Now, I can't log
in and there is no error message or something.
I'have tried to fix it with mysql_permission but there is no result. I
can't log in through phpmyadmin. But, I can log in through terminal.

I don't like mysql console because this is an uncomfortable, non
usable little piece of something.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

András

--
- -
--* Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando)* -- http://sayusi.hu --

Old 09-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Albert Hopkins

On Sun, 2010-09-19 at 16:02 +0200, András Csányi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm not a mysql guru but what that bastard is doing it's drive me crazy.
>
> version:5.1.50-r1 installed from portage
>
> So...
> I have installed and working fine.
> I have installed phpmyadmin too and it's working fine. I can log in...
> I wanted to create a database but after I gave the database's name and
> click "Create" button the phpmyadmin kicked me out. Now, I can't log
> in and there is no error message or something.
> I'have tried to fix it with mysql_permission but there is no result. I
> can't log in through phpmyadmin. But, I can log in through terminal.

So your problem seems to be with phpmyadmin, not with MySQL per sé.

> I don't like mysql console because this is an uncomfortable, non
> usable little piece of something.

Yet it works...

Seems to me more like the phpmyadmin is the "non usable" such and such.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:09 AM
András Csányi

On 19 September 2010 21:12, Albert Hopkins <marduk@letterboxes.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-09-19 at 16:02 +0200, András Csányi wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm not a mysql guru but what that bastard is doing it's drive me crazy.
>>
>> version:5.1.50-r1 installed from portage
>>
>> So...
>> I have installed and working fine.
>> I have installed phpmyadmin too and it's working fine. I can log in...
>> I wanted to create a database but after I gave the database's name and
>> click "Create" button the phpmyadmin kicked me out. Now, I can't log
>> in and there is no error message or something.
>> I'have tried to fix it with mysql_permission but there is no result. I
>> can't log in through phpmyadmin. But, I can log in through terminal.
>
> So your problem seems to be with phpmyadmin, not with MySQL per sé.

Basicly, I don't know what is the root cause, Mysql or Phpmyadmin?

>> I don't like mysql console because this is an uncomfortable, non
>> usable little piece of something.
>
> Yet it works...
>
> Seems to me more like the phpmyadmin is the "non usable" such and such.

Yes, it works. But annoying that fact there is no comfortable way
to handle my databases and more annoying that I can't solve this
problem.
What is your opinion, what should I have to do? It's not problem to
learn use mysql from console.

--
- -