Old 09-18-2010, 01:08 PM

Default Exsys EX-44092 (OXuPCI952) ???

Hi,

I got some strange problems while trying to setup a EXSYS EX44092
PCIe to RS232 adapter card.

What I did:
Start minicom, setup the serial parameters (115200 8N1) as described
in the manual for the embedded system I want to connect to and reset
the embedded board.

Minicom prints a sequence of "."'s on the screen - thats it. I know
that this embedded board is working, though.

Next -- while minicom was running -- I used setserial to get the
current settings of the serial interface. The baudrate was spd_normal
despite the fact I had instructed minicom to set it to spd_vhi
(115200 baud). Since setserial does not say anything about
8N1/7N2/... parities I couldnt check this.

At last I straced minicom but I didn't found anything suspicious...

EXSYS claims, that this card would work under Linux (supported by
drivers which are already part of the kernel sources...

What did I wrong here? Why does this setup now work?

Thank you very much for any help in advance!

Best regards
mcc