Old 09-17-2010, 02:58 AM
Dale

Default autounmask not doing to well

Hi folks,

The latest KDE 4.5.1 has hit the tree. It made it there a few days
ago. Yeppie!! It is masked but I wanted to try to install it again.
The last time was a mess to say it lightly. I use autounmask to unmask
it. I use this command:

autounmask kde-base/kde-meta-4.5.1

I don't use the -n option but it doesn't seem to matter even if I do.
I'm on portage-2.2_rc67 and autounmask-0.27 which is the only version I
see in the tree. After I run autounmask and then do a emerge -uvDNa
world, I get this:

root@smoker / # emerge -uvDNa world

Calculating dependencies... done!

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy
">=kde-base/kdelibs-9999[-kdeprefix,-aqua]".

(dependency required by "kde-base/liboxygenstyle-9999" [installed])
(dependency required by "kde-base/kdebase-meta-4.5.1" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "kde-base/kde-meta-4.5.1" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])

root@smoker / #

If I add that kdelibs package to the unmask file, it just goes to the
nest blocker and this continues until I get the idea something is not
working right. So, is autounmask not working right? Am I not doing
something right? Am I missing something?

Oh, I don't currently have any overlays on here. I waited until it hit
the tree and had a couple days to settle down.

Thanks for any insight on this.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 09-17-2010, 05:38 AM
Alan McKinnon

Apparently, though unproven, at 04:58 on Friday 17 September 2010, Dale did
opine thusly:

> Hi folks,
>
> The latest KDE 4.5.1 has hit the tree. It made it there a few days
> ago. Yeppie!! It is masked but I wanted to try to install it again.
> The last time was a mess to say it lightly. I use autounmask to unmask
> it. I use this command:
>
> autounmask kde-base/kde-meta-4.5.1
>
> I don't use the -n option but it doesn't seem to matter even if I do.
> I'm on portage-2.2_rc67 and autounmask-0.27 which is the only version I
> see in the tree. After I run autounmask and then do a emerge -uvDNa
> world, I get this:
>
> root@smoker / # emerge -uvDNa world

> Calculating dependencies... done!
>
> emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy
> ">=kde-base/kdelibs-9999[-kdeprefix,-aqua]".
> (dependency required by "kde-base/liboxygenstyle-9999" [installed])
> (dependency required by "kde-base/kdebase-meta-4.5.1" [ebuild])
> (dependency required by "kde-base/kde-meta-4.5.1" [ebuild])
> (dependency required by "@world" [argument])
>
> root@smoker / #
>
> If I add that kdelibs package to the unmask file, it just goes to the
> nest blocker and this continues until I get the idea something is not
> working right. So, is autounmask not working right? Am I not doing
> something right? Am I missing something?

It's not kdelibs that's your problem, it is liboxygen style. portage wants to
use version 9999 from svn and it's that that is pulling in kdelibs.

Fix your unmask for liboxygenstyle, then see with -t why it wants the -9999
version

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 09-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Paul Hartman

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 9:58 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> The latest KDE 4.5.1 has hit the tree. *It made it there a few days ago.
> *Yeppie!! *It is masked but I wanted to try to install it again. *The last
> time was a mess to say it lightly. *I use autounmask to unmask it. *I use
> this command:
>
> autounmask kde-base/kde-meta-4.5.1

Easier way would be to install the KDE overlay and use the etc files
provided in the Documentation directory for unmasking and so on. If
you want to stick to KDE ebuilds from portage proper, you could copy
the etc files from the overlay and then remove it.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Dale

Paul Hartman wrote:

The latest KDE 4.5.1 has hit the tree. It made it there a few days ago.
Yeppie!! It is masked but I wanted to try to install it again. The last
time was a mess to say it lightly. I use autounmask to unmask it. I use
this command:

autounmask kde-base/kde-meta-4.5.1

Easier way would be to install the KDE overlay and use the etc files
provided in the Documentation directory for unmasking and so on. If
you want to stick to KDE ebuilds from portage proper, you could copy
the etc files from the overlay and then remove it.

That may be a better idea. After adding a few more files to the unmask
file, it started complaining about packages that are not even in the
tree at all. I sort of find that to be weird tho. Anyway, I deleted
the unmask file and just left KDE at the stable version. I figure in a
few days it will be stable anyway.

May try the overlay again but that turned into a mess last time too. It
wasn't any fun at all. ;-) I also didn't know if maybe with the
latest portage if autounmask had a bug. Still don't quite get why it
didn't work this time.

Thanks.

Dale

:-) :-)