Old 09-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Andrew Wilkinson

Default USB 3 HD worked, then quit?

I have an external USB3 hard drive that use for backup purposes. *This morning everything worked fine, until suddenly the computer froze completely and was non-responsive to local or remote commands. * After I hit the reset button and it come back up, the HD no longer connects via xhci (though it works fine via ehci). *I recompiled my kernel with xhci debug messages, but I really don't have a clue what this stuff is talking about.

I've attached the output of dmesg | grep -i xhci. *If anyone can make more sense of this than I can, I'd surely appreciate it.
Thanks!
-Andy

Old 09-18-2010, 01:08 PM
walt

I have an external USB3 hard drive that use for backup purposes. This morning everything worked fine, until suddenly the computer froze completely and was non-responsive to local or remote commands. After I hit the reset button and it come back up, the
HD no longer connects via xhci (though it works fine via ehci).

I guess no one here knows the answer. There is a linux.usb.general
mailing list on gmane that seems like a promising place to ask, though.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:50 AM
Paul Hartman

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 8:08 AM, walt <w41ter@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/16/2010 11:00 AM, Andrew Wilkinson wrote:
>>
>> I have an external USB3 hard drive that use for backup purposes. This
>> morning everything worked fine, until suddenly the computer froze completely
>> and was non-responsive to local or remote commands. After I hit the reset
>> button and it come back up, the
>> HD no longer connects via xhci (though it works fine via ehci).
>
> I guess no one here knows the answer. There is a linux.usb.general
> mailing list on gmane that seems like a promising place to ask, though.

Maybe try the usb-storage mailing list: