Old 09-16-2010, 03:39 PM
james

Default gcc +gcj ???

hello,

I wanted to install pdftk, but it requires
that gcc is compiled with gcj.

Is this a good idea?

Enable building with gcj
(The GNU Compiler for the Javatm Programming Language)

Equery shows no packages having this use flag:

equery hasuse ecj -p
[ Searching for USE flag ecj in all categories among: ]
* installed packages
* Portage tree (/usr/portage)

Any guidance or suggestions here with the gcj flag
enable for gcc, would be appreciated.

James

Old 09-16-2010, 04:05 PM
Nils Larsson

torsdag 16 september 2010 17.39.25 skrev james:
> hello,
>
> I wanted to install pdftk, but it requires
> that gcc is compiled with gcj.
>
> Is this a good idea?

If that's what you need then yes. Enable USE="gcj" on sys-devel/gcc.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Albert Hopkins

On Thu, 2010-09-16 at 15:39 +0000, james wrote:

> I wanted to install pdftk, but it requires
> that gcc is compiled with gcj.
>
> Is this a good idea?

Do you want to actually install and use pdftk? If so then I think it's
a great idea!

-a