Old 09-16-2010, 07:47 AM
Enrico Weigelt

Default Paper: Normalized source code repositories

Hi folks,

some while ago I've already talked a bit about the OSS-QM project
and it's source code repositories, which include upstreams together
with downstream's (distros, etc) changes.

Here's a paper describing it more in datail, from automated upstream
imports down to also importing downstream/distro changes automatically.

The latter works quite well for recent Debian packages (at least
when following their own policies ;-o), as they tell quite exactly
which patches have to be applied (and their order). For Gentoo it's
more complicated, as I dont know a way to exact that information yet.

http://www.metux.de/download/oss-qm/normalized_repository.pdf

cu

phone: +49 36207 519931 email: weigelt@metux.de
mobile: +49 151 27565287 icq: 210169427 skype: nekrad666

Old 09-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Jeroen Roovers

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 09:47:57 +0200
Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@metux.de> wrote:

> Hi folks,

More spam?

jer

Old 09-17-2010, 10:18 AM
Al

> http://www.metux.de/download/oss-qm/normalized_repository.pdf

Hi Enrico,

I took the freedom to spread your "SPAM" to the Cygwin list. Hope that is OK.

http://www.mail-archive.com/cygwin@cygwin.com/msg111929.html

I like the idea. I think you have to come with a proof a concept in
form of a base of packages to convince, complete enough to simply make
people like me start using it.

Al

Old 09-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Enrico Weigelt

* Al <oss.elmar@googlemail.com> schrieb:

> > http://www.metux.de/download/oss-qm/normalized_repository.pdf
> >

> Hi Enrico,
>
> I took the freedom to spread your "SPAM" to the Cygwin list. Hope that is OK.

> I like the idea. I think you have to come with a proof a concept in
> form of a base of packages to convince, complete enough to simply make
> people like me start using it.

Well, I've already got automatic importers for a bunch of packages
and now in process of getting more in.