Old 09-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Joseph

Default emerge - pointing to local file

Can someone refresh my memory how to emerge application pointing to local source file?
I need to re-emerge: asterisk-addons-1.4.7
but it does not seems to exist on any mirror (I have in may make.conf), I found asterisk-addons-1.4.7.tar.gz file but I need to point emerge to local file
instead.

--
Joseph

Old 09-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

Can someone refresh my memory how to emerge application pointing to
local source file?
I need to re-emerge: asterisk-addons-1.4.7
but it does not seems to exist on any mirror (I have in may make.conf),
I found asterisk-addons-1.4.7.tar.gz file but I need to point emerge to
local file instead.

You put the tarball in /usr/portage/distfiles.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Alan McKinnon

Apparently, though unproven, at 00:09 on Monday 13 September 2010, Nikos
Chantziaras did opine thusly:

> On 09/13/2010 12:41 AM, Joseph wrote:
> > Can someone refresh my memory how to emerge application pointing to
> > local source file?
> > I need to re-emerge: asterisk-addons-1.4.7
> > but it does not seems to exist on any mirror (I have in may make.conf),
> > I found asterisk-addons-1.4.7.tar.gz file but I need to point emerge to
> > local file instead.
>
> You put the tarball in /usr/portage/distfiles.

I think he's asking about the ebuild. The version he wants is not in portage.

Joseph,

If you have the package *already* installed and want to remerge it, there's a
local copy of the ebuild in

copy it from there to your local overlay and remerge as normal.
If you unmerged the package already, then the ebuild is gone. Maybe you have a
backup. There's also an svn attic somewhere where everything that was ever in
portage is stored. I don;t know where it is, but Google does. Search for it.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 09-13-2010, 03:56 AM
Joseph

Can someone refresh my memory how to emerge application pointing to
local source file?
I need to re-emerge: asterisk-addons-1.4.7
but it does not seems to exist on any mirror (I have in may make.conf),
I found asterisk-addons-1.4.7.tar.gz file but I need to point emerge to
local file instead.

You put the tarball in /usr/portage/distfiles.

Yes, that did the trick, thank you!

--
Joseph