Old 09-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Mick

Default IOAPIC kernel error and oops!

On Saturday 11 September 2010 07:57:32 you wrote:
> I just compiled and installed gentoo 2.6.35-r4 on an x86 machine and it
> failed miserably on boot up. As this kernel configuration of mine is not
> materially different to the 2.6.34 version, I am wondering if it is
> suffering from some congenital defect. Anyone else having such problems?

I just saw other posts on this in the M/L, which I somehow missed on my first
search. It seems that it may be a gcc bug. Fair enough.

I am somehow confused though how I have ended up with this kernel installed on
my machine. eix -l gentoo-sources shows that it is masked! Did the mask flip
on & off while I was between emerges or something?
Mick