-   -   AMD Phenom X6 & conkyrc: Only four temps? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/424526-amd-phenom-x6-conkyrc-only-four-temps.html)

09-08-2010 05:42 PM

AMD Phenom X6 & conkyrc: Only four temps?

Hi,

For my conky I setup the readout of /sys/class/hwmon*.
Under /sys/class/hwmon2/* I found six "files" which reflects
the six temperatures of the six cores of the cpu. Or: They should.

Conky only reports four temparatures, two remains "0".

I "cat"ed the according entries in the /sys/class/hwmon2/ and
found four reporting a temperature and two returned "0" -- so
conky was right here.

But: Is my CPU damaged? Is this a normal behaviour of this cpu?
And more interesting/horrorfying: Based on the "readout" of
"0" (Celsius) -- is it possible that certain selfprotecting
mechanisms will not work?

slighty nervous...
best regards,
mcc

Jorge Martínez López 09-08-2010 06:14 PM

AMD Phenom X6 & conkyrc: Only four temps?

Hello!

I have the same CPU and I can measure 4 temperatures: one comes from
the CPU and three from the motherboard.

AFAIK it is not possible to get an individual temperature reading per core.

Greetings!

--
Jorge Martínez López <jorgeml@gmail.com>

09-09-2010 02:25 AM

AMD Phenom X6 & conkyrc: Only four temps?

Hi Jorge,

thanks for your reply ;)

The conkyrc I copied from the net was wrong...
And my conclusion following that was wrong also...

Best regards,
mcc

Jorge Mart??nez L??pez <jorgeml@gmail.com> [10-09-09 04:08]: