Old 09-08-2010, 04:44 AM
Iain Buchanan

Default vmware fail - malloc & other wierd errors

it's always the way, but I have vmplayer running now, by some magic set
of events:

sudo emerge --config vmware-player
sudo /opt/vmware/player/bin/vmplayer (didn't work)
VMWARE_USE_SHIPPED_GTK=force vmplayer

the final command worked, where it didn't before, so I don't get why.
Now to try vmware-workstation and see...

All laws are simulations of reality.
-- John C. Lilly