Old 09-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Mick

Default sudo-1.7.4_p3-r1

Just updated and noticed that the edict:

#Reset environment by default
Defaults env_reset

is no longer in /etc/sudoers.

A load of other (commented out) environment incantations were added. What is
the importance of this? Do I need env_reset?
Mick

Old 09-08-2010, 06:08 PM
pk

On 2010-09-07 21:48, Mick wrote:
> Just updated and noticed that the edict:
>
> #Reset environment by default
> Defaults env_reset
>
> is no longer in /etc/sudoers.
>
> A load of other (commented out) environment incantations were added. What is
> the importance of this? Do I need env_reset?

From man sudoers:
env_reset

If set, sudo will reset the environment to only contain the
LOGNAME, MAIL, SHELL, USER, USERNAME and the SUDO_* variables. Any
variables in the caller's environment that match the env_keep and
env_check lists are then added. The default contents of the
env_keep and env_check lists are displayed when sudo is run by root
with the -V option. If the secure_path option is set, its value
will be used for the PATH environment variable. This flag is on by
default

HTH

Best regards

Peter K