Old 11-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Mick

Default libexpat.so.0 & libcurl.so.3 loop

On Saturday 24 November 2007, Mick wrote:
> Thanks Andrey,
>
> On Saturday 24 November 2007, Andrey Falko wrote:

> > Do you have any related entries in /etc/portage/package.keywords or any
> > other file in package.keywords?
> >
> > Maybe do:
> > emerge -P apr-util
> > then
> > emerge -1 apr-util gnupg
>
> Pruning apr-util wanted to remove the older slot of apr-util-0.9.12-r1.
> equery depends did not show anything depending on it, so I unmerged it. The
> package apr-util-0.9.12-r1 seems to have been related to this
> revdep-rebuild loop as far as apr-util is concerned.
>
> Still, the problem remains when I run revdep again, with the gnupg
> package . . .

Fixed it at last! I remerged both gnupg slots app-crypt/gnupg-1.4.7-r1 and
app-crypt/gnupg-1.9.21 and now revdep-rebuild completes fine.

Thanks again for your help.
Mick

Old 11-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Mick

On Saturday 24 November 2007, de Almeida, Valmor F. wrote:

> >From: Mick [mailto:michaelkintzios@gmail.com]
> >
> >revdep-rebuild has got me into a never ending loop:
> ># revdep-rebuild -X -v -p
> >[snip...]
>
> Have you tried the --ignore option?

Thanks, I solved this problem now. Before I run revdep I always remove
any .revdep* remnants from /root/.
Mick