-   -   SOLVED No ebuild for kdeartwork-colorschemes ?? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/42377-solved-no-ebuild-kdeartwork-colorschemes.html)

Alan McKinnon 01-20-2008 03:16 PM

On Sunday 20 January 2008, Uwe Thiem wrote:
> On 20 January 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > My portage-fu is apparently up the creek. Again.
> >
> > Trying to emerge kde-4.0.0, I get this:
> >
> > ==================
> > nazgul ~ # emerge -av kde-meta
> >
> > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
> >
> > Calculating dependencies | *
> > * ERROR: kde-base/kdeartwork-colorschemes-4.0.0 failed.
> > * Call stack:

Solved.

I had the kde overlay in git enabled. Dependencies are now calculated
properly when the overlay is disabled.

alan

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Uwe Thiem 01-20-2008 06:40 PM

SOLVED No ebuild for kdeartwork-colorschemes ??

On 20 January 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On Sunday 20 January 2008, Uwe Thiem wrote:
> > On 20 January 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > My portage-fu is apparently up the creek. Again.
> > >
> > > Trying to emerge kde-4.0.0, I get this:
> > >
> > > ==================
> > > nazgul ~ # emerge -av kde-meta
> > >
> > > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
> > >
> > > Calculating dependencies | *
> > > * ERROR: kde-base/kdeartwork-colorschemes-4.0.0 failed.
> > > * Call stack:
>
> Solved.
>
> I had the kde overlay in git enabled. Dependencies are now calculated
> properly when the overlay is disabled.

Uh-huh! Yes, that explains it. Good luck there in building 4.0.0.

If I could make konsole of 4.0.0 not to crash on startup and kmail from 3.5.8
to start at all in 4.0.0, I would immediately make 4.0.0 my default desktop.
Without these two apps, I can not. :-(

Uwe

--
If a man speaks in a forest, and no woman listens to him,
is he still lying?

Alan McKinnon 01-20-2008 07:33 PM

SOLVED No ebuild for kdeartwork-colorschemes ??

On Sunday 20 January 2008, Uwe Thiem wrote:

> > Solved.
> >
> > I had the kde overlay in git enabled. Dependencies are now
> > calculated properly when the overlay is disabled.
>
> Uh-huh! Yes, that explains it. Good luck there in building 4.0.0.

Currently on package 158 of 190, it's now 22:31 and the emerge started
at 18:22. I seem to remember building 3.5.x from scratch progressed a
whole lot slower. Maybe this need build system for kde4 really is a
whole lot faster and easier.

My girlfriend says the build output looks pretty :-O

> If I could make konsole of 4.0.0 not to crash on startup and kmail
> from 3.5.8 to start at all in 4.0.0, I would immediately make 4.0.0
> my default desktop. Without these two apps, I can not. :-(

Hmmm, konsole and kmail not running doesn't fill me with joy. This are
probably the apps I use the most followed by konqueror, kopete and
amarok :-(

Neil Bothwick 01-20-2008 08:05 PM

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 21:40:40 +0200, Uwe Thiem wrote:

> If I could make konsole of 4.0.0 not to crash on startup and kmail from
> 3.5.8 to start at all in 4.0.0, I would immediately make 4.0.0 my
> default desktop. Without these two apps, I can not. :-(

Yakuake works, but claws-mail doesn't, so I'm back on 3.5 for now.

--
Neil Bothwick

WinErr 002: No Error - Yet

Eddie Mihalow Jr 01-21-2008 01:56 PM

Alan McKinnon wrote:

I had the kde overlay in git enabled. Dependencies are now
calculated properly when the overlay is disabled.

Uh-huh! Yes, that explains it. Good luck there in building 4.0.0.

Currently on package 158 of 190, it's now 22:31 and the emerge started
at 18:22. I seem to remember building 3.5.x from scratch progressed a
whole lot slower. Maybe this need build system for kde4 really is a
whole lot faster and easier.

My girlfriend says the build output looks pretty :-O

If I could make konsole of 4.0.0 not to crash on startup and kmail
from 3.5.8 to start at all in 4.0.0, I would immediately make 4.0.0
my default desktop. Without these two apps, I can not. :-(

Hmmm, konsole and kmail not running doesn't fill me with joy. This are
probably the apps I use the most followed by konqueror, kopete and
amarok :-(

The cmake system does seem to go a lot faster than the old way. Is anyone
on the list using kde4-svn? I'm using it on 2 machines-1 laptop and 1
desktop.

I keep losing the taskbar on the desktop, but not on the laptop.

Thanks,

--
Edward A Mihalow Jr
Mudbug Computers and Networks