Old 09-07-2010, 06:29 AM
András Csányi

Default emerge fails

Hi all,

I want to rebuild my system and I need packages, so I always use this
way to avoid unnecessary compiling (before I start rebuild I always
delete all of packages).

But, now I got this:
sayusi-home sayusi # emerge -eavkt --deep --newuse --update world

* IMPORTANT: 1 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
* Use eselect news to read news items.

These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 43, in <module>
retval = emerge_main()
File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/_emerge/main.py", line 1678, in emerge_main
myopts, myaction, myfiles, spinner)
File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/_emerge/actions.py", line 286, in action_build
settings, trees, myopts, myparams, myaction, myfiles, spinner)
File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/_emerge/depgraph.py", line 5947, in
backtrack_depgraph
myaction, myfiles, spinner)
File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/_emerge/depgraph.py", line 5966, in
_backtrack_depgraph
success, favorites = mydepgraph.select_files(myfiles)
File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/_emerge/depgraph.py", line 1699, in select_files
return self._resolve(myfavorites)
File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/_emerge/depgraph.py", line 1836, in _resolve
self.altlist()
File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/_emerge/depgraph.py", line 3466, in altlist
self._serialize_tasks()
File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/_emerge/depgraph.py", line 3649, in
_serialize_tasks
'git' in replacement_portage.inherited):
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
sayusi-home sayusi #

If I use this (upper) command without "k" it works properly.

I rebuild all python packages, I ran revdep-rebuild but the result is same.

Now, I don't know what is the problem

Thanks for help in advance!

András
--
- -
--* Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando)* -- http://sayusi.hu --

Old 09-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Mick

On Tuesday 07 September 2010 07:29:31 András Csányi wrote:

> If I use this (upper) command without "k" it works properly.

It probably means that some of your binary packages are out of date and need
updating?

> I rebuild all python packages, I ran revdep-rebuild but the result is same.

Did you also rebuilt your binary packages?

Mick

Old 09-07-2010, 11:31 AM
András Csányi

On 7 September 2010 12:46, Mick <michaelkintzios@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 September 2010 07:29:31 András Csányi wrote:
>
>> If I use this (upper) command without "k" it works properly.
>
> It probably means that some of your binary packages are out of date and need
> updating?

Ohhh... really!
I think it over once again. I started the rebuild Saturday and I had
to stop and I wanted to (more than 400 packages are already build)
continue yesterday but I forgot yesterday I did an sync.
But here is my question: why can't handle portage this issue? It is an
bug or an unimplemented feature? Ok, I know occurence of this case is
less than rare.

Thanks!

--
- -