Old 01-20-2008, 10:59 AM
Alan McKinnon

Default No ebuild for kdeartwork-colorschemes ??

Hi all,

My portage-fu is apparently up the creek. Again.

Trying to emerge kde-4.0.0, I get this:

==================
nazgul ~ # emerge -av kde-meta

Calculating dependencies | *
* ERROR: kde-base/kdeartwork-colorschemes-4.0.0 failed.
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 1666: Called
source '/var/portage/kde-base/kdeartwork-colorschemes/kdeartwork-colorschemes-4.0.0.ebuild'
* kdeartwork-colorschemes-4.0.0.ebuild, line 9: Called
inherit 'kde4-meta'
* ebuild.sh, line 1192: Called
qa_source '/var/portage/local/layman/kde/eclass/kde4-meta.eclass'
* ebuild.sh, line 36: Called
source '/var/portage/local/layman/kde/eclass/kde4-meta.eclass'
* kde4-meta.eclass, line 39: Called
get-parent-package 'kde-base/kdeartwork-colorschemes'
* kde4-functions.eclass, line 330: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* die "Package $target not found in KDE_DERIVATION_MAP, please
report bug"
* The die message:
* Package not found in KDE_DERIVATION_MAP, please report bug
*
* If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack
if relevant.
*

emerge: there are no ebuilds to
satisfy ">=kde-base/kdeartwork-colorschemes-4.0.0:kde-4".
(dependency required by "kde-base/kdeartwork-meta-4.0.0" [ebuild])
=================

But the ebuild is there:

=================
nazgul portage # eix kdeartwork-colorschemes
* kde-base/kdeartwork-colorschemes
Available versions: (kde-4) {M}(~)4.0.0
Homepage: http://www.kde.org/
=================

And it's also keyworded and unmasked:

=================
nazgul portage # grep -r kdeartwork-colorschemes /etc/portage/*
/etc/portage/package.keywords/kde4:kde-base/kdeartwork-colorschemes
**
/etc/portage/package.unmask/kde4:>=kde-base/kdeartwork-colorschemes-4.0.0
=================

I don't want to submit a bug as per the error just yet as I'm sure I'm
doing something wrong on my end (as usual).

But what?

alan

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 01-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Uwe Thiem

On 20 January 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My portage-fu is apparently up the creek. Again.
>
> Trying to emerge kde-4.0.0, I get this:
>
> ==================
> nazgul ~ # emerge -av kde-meta

> Calculating dependencies | *
> * ERROR: kde-base/kdeartwork-colorschemes-4.0.0 failed.
> * Call stack:
> * ebuild.sh, line 1666: Called
> source
> '/var/portage/kde-base/kdeartwork-colorschemes/kdeartwork-colorschemes-4.0.
>0.ebuild' * kdeartwork-colorschemes-4.0.0.ebuild, line 9: Called
> inherit 'kde4-meta'
> * ebuild.sh, line 1192: Called
> qa_source '/var/portage/local/layman/kde/eclass/kde4-meta.eclass'
> * ebuild.sh, line 36: Called
> source '/var/portage/local/layman/kde/eclass/kde4-meta.eclass'
> * kde4-meta.eclass, line 39: Called
> get-parent-package 'kde-base/kdeartwork-colorschemes'
> * kde4-functions.eclass, line 330: Called die
> * The specific snippet of code:
> * die "Package $target not found in KDE_DERIVATION_MAP, please
> report bug"
> * The die message:
> * Package not found in KDE_DERIVATION_MAP, please report bug
> *
> * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack
> if relevant.
> *
>
> emerge: there are no ebuilds to
> satisfy ">=kde-base/kdeartwork-colorschemes-4.0.0:kde-4".
> (dependency required by "kde-base/kdeartwork-meta-4.0.0" [ebuild])
> =================
>
> But the ebuild is there:
>
> =================
> nazgul portage # eix kdeartwork-colorschemes
> * kde-base/kdeartwork-colorschemes
> Available versions: (kde-4) {M}(~)4.0.0
> Homepage: http://www.kde.org/
> =================
>
> And it's also keyworded and unmasked:
>
> =================
> nazgul portage # grep -r kdeartwork-colorschemes /etc/portage/*
> /etc/portage/package.keywords/kde4:kde-base/kdeartwork-colorschemes
> **
> /etc/portage/package.unmask/kde4:>=kde-base/kdeartwork-colorschemes-4.0.0
> =================
>
> I don't want to submit a bug as per the error just yet as I'm sure I'm
> doing something wrong on my end (as usual).

I just finished emerging KDE4 and are running revdep-rebuild now. I didn't get
that error. That's no consolation, I know, but I guess something must be
wrong on your side. Is the kdeartwork tarball actually in distfiles?

Uwe

--
If a man speaks in a forest, and no woman listens to him,
is he still lying?

Old 01-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Sunday 20 January 2008, Uwe Thiem wrote:
> On 20 January 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > My portage-fu is apparently up the creek. Again.
> >
> > Trying to emerge kde-4.0.0, I get this:
> >
> > ==================
> > nazgul ~ # emerge -av kde-meta
> >
> > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
> >
> > Calculating dependencies | *
> > * ERROR: kde-base/kdeartwork-colorschemes-4.0.0 failed.

[snip]

> I just finished emerging KDE4 and are running revdep-rebuild now. I
> didn't get that error. That's no consolation, I know, but I guess
> something must be wrong on your side. Is the kdeartwork tarball
> actually in distfiles?

No, it doesn't even get that far. This happens at the beginning when
portage is still calculating the dependencies. Portage is up to date
and a sync this morning didn't change the error either.

alan