Old 08-31-2010, 05:32 PM
Jarry

Default Proper way of updating mysql from 5.0.90-r2 to 5.1.50?

Hi,
what is the proper way of updating mysql? I did it as with
any other package, following this sequence:

emerge --ask --update --deep --newuse world
[ebuild N ] net-misc/curl-7.20.0-r2 USE="idn ipv6 ssl -ares -gnutls
-kerberos -ldap -libssh2 -nss -test"
[ebuild N ] dev-util/cmake-2.8.1-r2 USE="ncurses -emacs -qt4
-vim-syntax"

[ebuild U ] dev-db/mysql-5.1.50 [5.0.90-r2] USE="-pbxt% -xtradb%"
[ebuild U ] virtual/mysql-5.1 [5.0]
emerge --depclean
revdep-rebuild
/etc/init.d/mysqld stop
/etc/init.d/mysqld start

But this is apparently not the proper way, because after
restarting the server, apache does not show my web-page
reporting there is no such a database. I checked it with
phpmyadmin, and really, there is absolutely no database
in mysql!

I quickly restored backup version which I have done just
before trying mysql-update, so my web-site is up and running.
Now I would like to update mysql the right way, I but do not
know how to do it...

Jarry