Old 01-20-2008, 04:39 AM
James

Default sys-power/nut

Hello,

I've got a Tripplite OMNI1000LCD ups for my workstation.

I'm trying to get sys-power/nut to talk to it.

However lsusb nor usbview show the device.

I looked in /lib/nut and tried several of the choices
for the /etc/nut/ups.conf entry such as these:

James added this
[OMNI1000LCD]
#driver = tripplite_usb
#driver = newhidups
driver = usbhid-ups
port = auto
desc = "Tripp Lite OMNI1000LCD USB"

none of the 3 listed drivers work but thats (I think) because
the usbdevice never shows up with lsusb.....

I've rebuilt the kernel (including these suggestions to no avail:

http://linuxlore.blogspot.com/2006/12/howto-set-up-nut-on-gentoo-linux-for.html

and tried to use this wiki: http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_NUT

All sorts of other usb devices show up just fine.

I've tried both of these versions: 2.0.5-r2 and 2.2.0.

Any ideas?

James